Get Red Pepper's email newsletter. Enter your email address to receive our latest articles, updates and news.
Led by countries such as Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua and Bolivia, progressive governments in Latin America are transforming the lives of millions of people, extending health and education provision and enhancing social equality. As part of ALBA, the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas, countries are joining together to forge a better and more just society for people across the region. Come to Latin America 2012 and find out first-hand about the latest developments in the continent and how we can offer solidarity.
• Global meltdown – Latin America’s response
• Cuba – Updating the socialist economic model
• Venezuela – Defending the majority, not punishing the poorest
• Nicaragua – Building an alternative through ALBA
• Ken Livingstone
• Esther Armenteros, Cuban Ambassador
• Guillaume Long, President, CEAACES, Ecuador
• Alicia Castro, Argentinian Ambassador
• Aidee Moreno, Colombian Agricultural Workers’ Union, FENSUAGRO
• Fatima Herrera Olea, Women’s Secretary SITAG-Peru
• Bob Crow, RMT
The conference is open to all, and will take place from 9:30am – 5:00pm, at Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, WC1 (nearest tube: Holborn). For up-to-date details on speakers, seminars and plenaries, and to register online please visit www.latinamericaconference.org.uk