Red Pepper and Housmans Bookshop are pleased to announce our first student article competition. Entries are invited from all students on undergraduate courses in a UK public higher education institution. The top entry will be published in Red Pepper and the author will win £100 worth of books from Housmans Bookshop and a one-year subscription to the magazine.
Subject: Students across the UK have been involved in a broad and purposeful campaign to prevent the introduction of the coalition government’s policies to increase university fees and scrap the education maintenance allowance. What do you consider the key strengths and weaknesses of the campaign so far? And what do you think is the potential of students to campaign against the cuts agenda in the near future?
Format: 800-word article. Closing date for entries: 11 February 2011.
Entries should be submitted in Word format with the email subject line stating ‘Red Pepper/Housmans article competition’ to Nik Góreckil: email@example.com
The winner will be notified by email on or before 23 February 2011.
1. You must be enrolled on a course at a higher education institution in the UK for 2010/2011.
2. Your article must be 800-words long and written in English.
3. Only one entry per person, which must be submitted electronically as a Word or rich text format document by 11 February 2011.
4. Your entry must clearly state the following:
- Your name
- Your higher education institute name
- Your course
- Your telephone number (landline or mobile)
5. Judging will be by a panel of Red Pepper editors, whose decision will be final.